Parker 99R

Parker 99R
Highly recomend this razor

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Nacet Platinum

Day 1: A new day, a new blade. When I made my first pass WTG I thought I had found my new razor. It glided along my face with no pull or irritation. I couldn't even feel the blade. That all changed when I got to my second pass ATG. It was scratchy and irritating and I cut myself in several places I never have before. After this pass the shave wasn't even as close as I like it. Next pass I did XTG and it still wasn't as close as I like it so I did another pass ATG, and it finally felt right. Tomorrow I'm going to try a 3 pass but the 2nd pass XTG and see if the blade performs better. Because of the stark contrast in quality between passes I'm not sure how to rate the blade. I will update the rating tomorrow after I get a better feel for its performance but for now I'm giving it 50/100

Day 2: I am so glad this was not the first blade I tried in my razor. If it was I very well might have given up DE shaving. Even the first pass today felt scratchy and uncomfortable. I tried different blade angles, extra lather and everything else I could possibly think of. It did give me a very close shave but at the cost of a very uncomfortable, cut filled shave. Definitely avoid this blade. If you absolutely must try it first but a sampler pack that contains it. It also has a ridiculously high price point compared to much better quality blades. Final score for this blade is 20/100.

Available on +Amazon.com $25.95 for 100 http://amzn.com/B007Y0W192

1 comment:

  1. This is very similar to my experience with these blades. They are not for me.

    ReplyDelete