Parker 99R

Parker 99R
Highly recomend this razor

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani - Aftershave & Eau De Toilette

If you have not heard of Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani then you must have been living under a rock since it was released in 1996. It seems that products from this line are everywhere and you probably know someone that owns a bottle or two of the stuff. It is for good reason that this has become one of the most popular men's scents in the world it is utterly fantastic. When I smell it I am reminded of a tropical paradice. It has citrusy overtones with a more floral middle and earthy base notes. Because of this wide spectrum of scents it makes it functional year round. It's sweeter top and middle notes make it light enough for the summer without being overpowering, yet the earth base notes make it dark enough for wear in the colder months. But enough about the scent, how does it function?

As the aftershave is alcohol based it can sting quite badly if you have any cuts from shaving. If you do not like this sensation I would steer you towards the after shave balm by the same name although it can be somewhat difficult to find. I found that my skin felt quite taught and toned after I used this but not so tight as to be uncomfortable. A major draw back of this product is that it really doesn't contain anything that will hydrate your skin so after a few days of use I noticed I had some small flaky patches around my nose. Another major issue with this product is cost, $60.68 for a 3.4oz bottle on Amazon! For me that makes it just to expensive for daily use. If you love the scent as I do you should stick to the Eau De Toilette as you get a much better bang for your buck.

Because of the cost and lack of moisturizing properties I give Acqua Di Gio Aftershave 40/100. The Eau De Toilette is a much better deal if you just want the scent and you do not run the risk of dying out your skin with daily use and so it gets an 80/100

Let me know in the comments if there are any products you would like to see reviewed

Aftershave $60.68 for 3.4oz on +Amazon.com  http://amzn.com/B003VMUM20
Eau De Toilette $83.35 for 6.7oz on +Amazon.com  http://amzn.com/B000C213ES (size options available)

1 comment:

  1. I really love this fragrance - it's one I save for summer. Personally I don't get any sting off this even with a few nicks after shaving. I write about my own personal experience with aftershaves and shaving products and would love to know what you think.

    Stephen :o)

    ReplyDelete