Parker 99R

Parker 99R
Highly recomend this razor

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Background

This is a blog dedicated to documenting my experience testing out different blades with my Parker 99R Long Handle safety razor. If there is enough interest I will continue to review different blades and shaving products once I am done sampling blades. Currently my shaving kit consists of the previously mentioned Parker 99R, +Taylor of Old Bond Street Coconut shaving cream, Simply Beautiful 100% badger brush and +Dove Men +Care after shave balm. I started wet shaving about a month ago after my electric razor burned out and immediately fell in love with it. I honed (no pun intended) my technique with the Shark blades included with my razor handle and then ordered a sampler pack of 25 blades (2 of which were Sharks). I will be randomly picking blades out of the sampler and using them for their regular blade life. Some of my blogs will be short as they will be written on the bus. I will be assigning each blade a rank out of 100 after each shave. I have fairly normal beard growth but somewhat tougher skin than normal. Hope you enjoy the blog!

I realize blades are a very personal choice based on your own preferences, skin and beard type but I want to give others a jumping off point for some of their own choices. That being said I also realize that razor blades are a pretty dry read so I will try to work some other stuff (not quite sure what yet) into the blogs. Please let me know what you would like to read about in the comments.

Check out +Art of Manliness for instructional videos on how to shave with DE and strait razors as well as some fantastic articles on being the best man you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment