Parker 99R

Parker 99R
Highly recomend this razor

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Crown Super Stainless

Day 1: I have to say I wasn't really looking forward to trying this blade as I have heard some bad reviews for them. I was underwhelmed by the performance of this blade. It caused me some irritation while I used it but did not provide a close shave. While I did not get any nicks, the quality of the shave left much to be desired. I will continue to use this blade to test the life of it but I would not recommend investing in a large quantity of these blades without trying them out first. 45/100

Day 2: Again I was unhappy with how this blade performed. I tried 4 passes and could not get the closeness I've become accustomed to from safety razors. Even with this worse than average shave my face was still irritated. I would strongly recommend against this blade. 45/100

Day 3: Today was probably the worst experience I have had since I started DE shaving. Started off by adding too much water to my shaving cream and couldn't figure out the right ratio so I ended up with a runny lather. Although this had nothing to do with the blade I took it as a sign of things to come. Turns out I was right to do so, today the blade treated my face like a rototiller treats a lawn, it chewed it up and spat it out. Not only has this blade given me awful shaves since I started using it, it also has a short life. If you have had better experiences with this blade let me know in the comments. For those of you thinking of purchasing a large pack of these blades I strongly recommend against it unless you have used them before and have had good experiences. Because of it's shorter than normal life I am dropping its rating to 35/100. On the plus side, new blade tomorrow!

$16.00 for 100 blades at +Amazon.com amzn.com/B00877HT34

No comments:

Post a Comment