Parker 99R

Parker 99R
Highly recomend this razor

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Treet Platinum Super Stainless

Day 1: A new day, another new razor blade. This time around it the Treet Platinum Super Stainless blade. I had never heard of this blade before I got it in my sample pack and so I was a little nervous about this one, maybe it was to sharp or to dull, maybe it was of inferior quality. I put these qualms aside and loaded it up. I was presently surprised by the quality of the shave I got from this blade. As decribed by Amazon it provided a "luxurious shave". An interesting side note: it is one of the oldest brands of safety blades still on the market. It provided the smooth shave of the Big Ben but I only needed two passes to get a nice close shave. I noticed no nicks or irritation after my shave. I highly recommend this blade! 70/100

Day 2: Wow, is this blade ever sharp! I was doing my second pass ATG as I usually do and I felt some slight irritation on my neck. Next thing I know my neck was covered in blood. I don't have an alum block but luckily I had some vasaline on hand and was able to stem the bleeding. Other than that my shave was again quite enjoyable and very close,  a little to close at times. I guess I just have to be a little more careful when using this blade. 70/100

Day 3: Although I got another fantastic shave with this blade, I think it is already starting to loose its edge. I was not able to get quite as close a shave along my jaw bone as I normally do. In addition to this it irritated the skin on my chin on the 2nd pass. That being said I managed not to cut myself today and achieved a close shave. 70/100

Day 4: This blade definitely had some positive and negative qualities. First the good: extremely sharp! Very close shave. Comfortable shave. The bad: short life, this blade was starting to feel aged after day 3 it is time for a new one after day 4. Causes irritation once it starts loosing the edge. Overall I am still goin to rate this blade higher than the Big Ben simply because it only needs 2 passes instead of 3 but even with the extra pass every day the Big Ben still lasted longer. If you have time in the mornings for 3 passes I would sugest the Big Ben.  The price per shave is still very low even with the shorter blade life. Final rating for the Treet Platinum is 68/100

Available on +Amazon.com $15.00 for 100 blades http://amzn.com/B00F7ZL6ZG

No comments:

Post a Comment