Parker 99R

Parker 99R
Highly recomend this razor

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Gillette Goal

Day 1: This is probably the most interesting packaging of the group of razors and I was somewhat looking forward to trying it. It was quite difficult to remove from the packaging and I was quite nervous about cutting myself on it. I can almost guarantee I would have gotten cut if my hands were wet. The issue is that the blade is double wrapped and then glued to the inside wrapper. I am not sure what the point of this is but I did not like it. The shave itself was rather mediocre. It was not super smooth like the Big Ben or Bic but neither was  it irritating like the Nacet. I didn't cut myself at all but I could definitely feel the blade on my face. It gave me a fairly close shave but nothing special. The rating may change over the next few uses but for now I am giving it an 60/100

Day 2: Another mediocre shave from this blade. No nicks or cuts but it is a somewhat uncomfortable shave but not enough to give me razor burn. Fairly close shave but not quite baby bottom smooth either. It's worth trying it out in a sampler pack but I wouldn't suggest buying it in bulk on a whim. 60/100

Day 3: Not much to say that I haven't said already. Not an awful blade not is it fantastic. Shave is "close enough" but it could be closer. The shave it provides is not very comfortable either. 60/100

Day 4: I noticed today while shaving that it feels like this blade probably has another 2 shaves in it at least which is very impressive since I've never had a blade last longer than 5 shaves for me. Other than that, however, this blade is still unimpressive. 60/100

Available on +Amazon.com 100 blades for $24.95 http://amzn.com/B006ROJON2

No comments:

Post a Comment